Project info for jBoss
Created 20 Nov 2000 at 16:16 UTC by jpl, last modified 9 Jun 2001 at 15:02 UTC by jpl.
Freshmeat page: http://freshmeat.net/projects/jboss
JBoss is an Open Source, standards-compliant, Enterprise JavaBeans application server implemented in pure Java. JBoss provides:
- JBossServer, the basic EJB container and JMX infrastructure
- JBossMQ for JMS messaging
- JBossMail for mail
- JBossTX for JTA/JTS transactions
- JBossSX for JAAS based security
- JBossCX for JCA connectivity
- JBossCMP for CMP persistence.
JBoss integrates with Tomcat Servlet/JSP container and Jetty Web server/servlet container, and enables you to mix and match these components through JMX by replacing any component you wish with a JMX-compliant implementation for the same APIs. The goal is to provide a full J2EE stack in the Free/Open Source software world.
This project has the following developers: