Project info for Perl DateTime
Created 18 Apr 2003 at 13:20 UTC by Spoon.
The goal of the DateTime Project is to produce a suite of inter-operable modules for dealing with dates and times. The suite includes modules in the following categories:
- A base DateTime object, possibly with multiple implementations. This object represents the Gregorian in calendar in use today.
- A set of modules for dealing with today's complex time zone system. These modules work together with the base DateTime object to handle the complexities of dealing with the local times.
- Parsing and formatting datetimes.
- Classes to represent other calendars that are, or have been, used around the world such as the Hebrew calendar, the Chinese calendar, and so on.
- Classes for things like sets of datetimes, datetime spans, and so on. These things are quite important when doing calendaring or scheduling, to name a couple applications of these concepts.
- Modules to do special purpose tasks, such as calculating the date upon which Easter falls in a given year.
License: Artistic/GPL (Perl license)
This project has the following developers: