Project info for Iaijutsu
Created 24 Jan 2000 at 15:06 UTC by deusx, last modified 24 Jan 2000 at 15:08 UTC by deusx.
Freshmeat page: http://freshmeat.net/appindex/1999/10/06/939253644.html
SourceForge project home: http://sourceforge.net/project/? group_id=417
Iaijutsu is an Open Source object-oriented content management and web application framework written in Perl.
Content may be managed via a web interface based on familiar file managers. As an object-oriented web application platform, Iaijutsu provides developers with a framework in which to create flexible and reusable components.
Written in Perl, Iaijutsu developers can take full advantage of the work done by Perl community. (i.e. CPAN modules)
Provide a common interface for content management and application development on a the web, powered by an object-oriented framework of content and application classes.
- Complete web-based administration of content and application objects.
- Object-oriented approach to content, creating classes to handle unique features of a wide variety of web content (i.e. PDF's, HTML, text, files, images, sounds) through a common authoring and management environment.
- Generalized content management features such as a common authoring environment, revision control, approval process, searching, remote and periodic static publishing, and indexing capabilities.
- Built-in facilities for data/object storage, retrieval, and search queries.
- Separate logic and presentation as completely as possible, allowing the delegation of work to differing specialized skill sets (i.e. application developer vs interface designer) and support 'skins' for applications and web sites (i.e. personalizable look & feel, interfaces tailored to handhelds or desktops).
- Promote code reuse through an ubiquitous object- oriented approach toward components which can be built upon with inheritance and common, known interfaces.
- Exploit technologies such as XML for interoperability with other systems. (i.e. object properties can be exported as XML, plan to support XML-RPC, looking into other object representation schemas and content representation schemas.)
- Build upon the resources of the Perl community and modules in CPAN.
License: Artistic License
This project has the following developers:
- deusx is a Lead Developer.