Older blog entries for wwwwolf (starting at number 1)

1, 2, 3... ... 9, 10. Phew. I'm feeling better. Or not.

::sighs:: I'll never become a good coder!

I'm declaring the status of Schedulist officially Hopeless™. Why? Well, excuse for unacceptable language: I have no ****ng idea what is wrong!

If you think you can bang some Clue to my thick head, PLEASE help. This program is driving me nuts.

But beware: The original script is actually a lot more complicated than this, it uses insane syntax to do really funky HTML tables. I'm actually proud of that, in a rather pervert way. =) The new version is mostly "cut and paste from original and put some variable names there that actually make sense - and interpolating variable names is verboten!" The code should work at least to some extent. It just doesn't!

On the "This may actually even work"® side, I'm... (not that) proud... to present some POP3-related scriptlets. Those are available at my utilities page.

And almost forgot: Today I again looked at hasterm.c - a really small but helpful utility that does terminal examination. Too bad I don't know what's the point of it now...

1 Nov 2000 (updated 1 Nov 2000 at 17:00 UTC) »

Hello, this is my first diary entry. Please don't hit me. =)

I've been, as you may have been able to see from my E2 diary, working on this thing called Schedulist.

The new version is underway. It's getting cooler. The HTML it generates is something I'm kind of proud of (in the sense "as a mental excercise, not as Good HTML Use").

Currently, though, there's still a few severe quirks with the HTML Table dumping code. I have a reference to an array of objects as $$tables. Now, ($tables->[$n])->getlength() fails, because it's undefined. If there's one thing in Perl I find confusing, it's the way the references are used.

I would need a better Perl debugger, the current one is driving me nuts... =(

Rather than making myself to hunt for the lost reference, I spent time documenting the API and the main program. Well, at least it's something that would actually help...

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!