I spent all the day yesterday writing an implementation of the current IDN documents. When I was done for the day, I receive an e-mail in kde-core-devel stating that another implementation had been written, using the standard GNU libidn library.
Ok, so I spent the beginning of today changing my implementation to use libidn. At least now that's working and it correctly encodes and decodes any hostname I fed it.
Now I've got to go back to the rest of the resolver stuff. Missing:
- how to find a worker class;
- the workers themselves!
- the manager routines to queue new stuff;
- the Resolver routines that start and stop jobs;
- getproto* and getserv* wrappers
Note to myself: the start routines and the queueing ones can be integrated.