Test event centered around Thunderbird 10 and Lightning 1.0
It's been a while since we had a testing event. Some of it was probably my fault as I needed to adjust myself to the new release process we adopted since Thunderbird 5.0. Since then I've been lonely testing releases and new features as they came out. It's time to spend a good amount of time testing Thunderbird more thoroughly. We will use litmus as our main testing tool. In litmus you will find groups of test (eg one for address book, one for imap, one for news). Each group is made of one or more tests that needs to be run. As I want to distribute the workload and not only have a few areas tested, I would like you to sign up and tell me that you want to participate to this event.
What is required to participate :
- An email account that can be used for testing
- a litmus account
- an account on bugzilla.mozilla.org
- some time in the week of 13Th November to 20th November 2011
- You read this
- you reply to it - telling me you want to participate
- On the day the event starts (times will be Central European time) You'll receive an email with:
- what to test (eg groups of test I've assigned to you)
- a link to the test in litmus
- a bugzilla bug number which we will use to track bug found during this event
- more detailed instructions on how to use litmus and bugzilla
- You organize yourself to run the tests when you have time
- You do the tests and give us reports and file bugs if the tests aren't successful
That's it. I will Post results in the middle and at the end of the event.
At the same time we would also like to run the same kind of event for lightning as it's the most used extension with Thunderbird. The workflow will look exactly the same. Just make sure that you tell me you want to test Thunderbird, Thunderbird/Lightning or just Lightning.
Right now the number of people who signed up is below 10 and it would be nice if I could get a few more volunteers in order to be able to have a large coverage of our tests. The best way to reply to this is to send me an email.