30 Dec 2004 skx   » (Master)

Copyright Infringement

Yesterday I recieved a "cease and desist" notice from O'Reilly. My first one ever.

It appears that somebody had submitted an article to my site which was a copy of an O'Reilly owned article.


Still they were understanding, and once I'd removed the offending article (replacing it with an explaination of why it had been pulled) they were satisfied.

I guess this means that I'm going to have to vet submissions a lot more thoroughly - probably not a big deal since I don't get many :(


I think that now my diary has ten entries (once this one is posted) that my RSS feed will work.

I've spent a while reading through the code trying to trace this down - just put it down to another Advogato weakness.

Bitter much? Me? ;)


Seems like the security upload I made the other day was incorrect, it should have gone to another queue.

Here's the dupload settings I've got now, which appear to work:

$cfg{'security'} = {
        fqdn          => "klecker.debian.org",
        incoming      => "pub/SecurityUploadQueue",
        dinstall_runs => 1,

I shall add this to my documentation. (I'm trying to document how things work in the background as I come across interesting things. Nothing finished yet though).

Assuming this upload was correct then I can start making others.

If this entry does indeed trip the magic which allows my rss feed to work I'll add myself back to Planet Debian.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!