Ok, time for a new one ;)
Not that much changes since the last entry, actually. I should try and keep this up on a daily basis; but knowing myself that'll probably never happen.
Some events worth mentioning:
- Recieved an IA64 workstation and a HPPA server from HP, which we're going to host for the Debian project. If everything goes fine, they should be running the non-US build daemons sometimes soon.. The IA64 is much slower than i thought, but it looks cool; blue and purplish.
- Started building a 'private' build farm here; reserved a 19" rack thing, and started filling it up with 'spare' machines. The IA64 and HPPA box are going to be in it too. Scavenged a 40 and an 80Gb disk for them, and a small switch. We now have all architectures that run Debian, excluding M68k and Powerpc. After everything's installed and stable, and we get our second ADSL uplink, we will make the buildfarm public, giving out accounts on request.
- Got accepted in the Debian security team, and brought out my first DSA (on apache/apache-ssl). Bugged wichert a lot about that :)
- Bought tickets for HAL2001. I was too late for the 'regular' payment scheme, so i had to pay by credit card. to 2600. (eeks). Anyone know of a place in holland where i can rent a camper for 3 days, _cheap_ ? :)
- The tickets for my trip to the states have been reserved; i'm going to do a talk on the LinuxWorld conference in SF, together with wichert. (about debian package development & stuff)
- Took over the 'sed', 'grep' and 'acpid' Debian packaging
- Uploaded new lvm packages, sistina-style this time.