Implemented __builtin_expect for current cvs. This was a Cygnus local feature done ages ago, but in a moderately kludgy way. At the same time, I got to seriously look at the block reordering code that Stan did earlier this year. It's looking pretty good. Even without profile feedback or explicit annotations, estimate_probabilities seems to come up with reasonable guesses a lot of the time. It'll be good when Jason finishes fixing the debug info interactions so we can turn this on for real.
Franz ran into yet another problem with the new flow code. Seems the PPC backend is being naughty with eliminible registers. Geoff was non-committal about fixing it, at least right away. I suppose we can hack around the problem for now.
Nasty structure passing bug uncovered in the sibcall code. No fucking clue how to fix it properly. But if we did solve it properly, we'd have automatically fixed the REG_EQUAL backing store uncleanliness at the same time. Should discuss alternatives with Law tomorrow.