Looking for a new graphics card
So I'm hunting for a new graphics card, and my set of requirements make this a difficult quest. I welcome all suggestions, either as comments, or as email.
I haven't seen any passive cards in the new R7/R9 lines from ATI, not sure if those will come out later only
- MUST be supported by the open-source Radeon or Noveau drivers.
- MUST support at least 3 displays
- MUST be cost less than $300
- SHOULD occupy only one PCI-e slot (trying to avoid double-height cards)
- SHOULD be passively cooled, or after-market water-cooled
- NICE TO HAVE: good 3D performance
Options so far (for further review)
|Name & Link||Outputs||Passive||Card height||Price|
|ATI FirePro 2460||4x MiniDP||Yes||1 slot||$256 NCIX (no PP)|
|VISIONTEK Radeon HD 7750, 2GB GDDR5, PCIe x16, 6x Mini-DP, Retail||6x MiniDP||No||1 slot||$273 NCIX (no PP)|
|Radeon HD 7750 Low Profile - Eyefinity 4 CGAX-7758LM4 - PCI Express 3.0 - 2048 - GDDR5 - 128 BIT||4x MiniDP||No||1 slot||136GBP AmazonUK, no NCIX listing|
|SAPPHIRE FleX 100322FLEX Radeon HD 6450 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card||1x DVI-D, 1x DVI-S, 1x HDMI||Yes||2 slots LP||$60 Newegg, $75 NCIX no-PP|
|PowerColor HD7750 2GB GDDR5 Eyefinity 4 LP Edition (UEFI) AX7750 2GBD5-4DL||4x MiniDP||No||1 slot||$190 Ebay, no NCIX listing|