Older blog entries for rmk (starting at number 2)

Not a good couple of days. Swansea (UK) was the scene of some interesting developments into the effect of a JCB (a digger for those who don't know) cutting fibre on the Internet.

Unfortunately, this had the effect of disconnecting Alan Cox's linux.org.uk and uk.linux.org DNS servers, which then meant that my arm.linux.org.uk and arm.uk.linux.org domains eventually became unresolvable.

It also had the unfortunate effect of decimating the University of Swansea's Internet connectivity, as well as their phone lines. I guess they were complaining more than anyone else.

Unresolvable domains means that the web site, ftp site, mailing lists are all unavailable, and I am unable to send or receive any mail. (Some people might think that this is a good thing.)

About 30 hours after the incident, the fibre has been repaired, and email is starting to move again. Hurray!

Well, it's been a long day. Technically, it is again the start of a new day, but that's old news.

ARM Linux is coming along of course, as it always does. After trying to get pre7 going, I discover that pre8 is already out, and includes the patches I sent to Linus.

No rest for the wicked, is there? Oh well, back to work.

Thanks to Bryce for pointing out this site, I'm now here. This also means that I now have two diaries to update when I find time. Oh well.

I guess you should check the ARM Linux project website for later diary updates...

Meanwhile, I'll resume my ARM Linux development.

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!