Structural plain-text, next iteration
So, the first working version of my "structural plain-text" parser is just
working and I'm already dissatisfied with it. Well, the reasons are
It doesn't work correctly in all cases.
The code is a mess, even though it was already the third or so
iteration internally ("plan to throw...", you know).
So here we go for the next iteration. I hope I'll be able to make the
parser code substantially cleaner and more modular and implement a few
cool-to-have additional features along the way. But first I decided to
carefully write out a description of the intended grammar. I just finished
the first draft which is still missing details on the planned new
features. It's probably still full of inaccuracies because I've changed
some details from last time (in hopes of simplifying both the parser and
the syntax explanation) and I haven't implemented the actual parser, yet.
Still, if you're interested, have a look
PS. Oh yeah, after all, I've included "strong emphasis" in this
version, because there are uses for it, specifically in technical
documentation (which I intend to write). It carries a Fat Warning (TM) in
the docs, so I'm happy and people can do whatever they want. ;-)