- Locals dislike the violence (to put it mildly)
- Most of the public doesn't share those protesters' views
- Most of the public has no sympathy for those protesters' views
- The protesters tend to be young middle-class western kids who have no idea what means to go hungry, no clue what it's like in the third world, no clue about economics, and yet they claim to represent the interests of people who do know and they "represent" those people through violence.
- And if they are the sort that believes in "History" (i.e., if they are commies) then they also certainly lack an understanding of recent history.
What a bunch of reckless, dangerous, young moral relativists.
Twenty years from now they'll be like the baby boomers of today who used to be the protesters of the 60s and who they emulate; they'll be the greedy make-our-granchildren-pay-for-our-retirement types.