Today I've fixed a bug in the Pythonmod module of Linuxconf. Linuxconf has a default handler for the SIGCHLD signal that controls all of its child termination. This method has a few disadvantages. Before calling any external processes without using default Linuxconf methods, you must block this handler, otherwise Linuxconf will get on your way. Because of this, If a Pythonmod module tried to fork external processes, they were failing. Now Pythonmod is setting the SIGCHLD signal to SIG_DFL (POSIX doesn't allow us to SIG_IGN it) before calling python code, and after returning from a few Linuxconf API functions that set the handler back. When the python code returns, popen_initsignal() is called, putting the Linuxconf handler back in place.
On the gnome-linuxconf side, I've implemented the drawing context command Defpen. Now we have colored lines and primitives!! (ok... not that good... ;-)
I've also spent a few hours in the last two days backing up and restoring data in my colocated machine. Now my personal emails are back online and the server has an updated kernel. I hope it doesn't bother me for a long time.
Unfortunately, the server stuff didn't let me work on Pybot, but I had time to implement dynamically loading, unloading and reloading of modules, before I started on the server. This will help a lot in the development, since I don't have to reboot the bot everytime something is wrong. Anyway, now that the server is ok (I hope so), I'm planning to spend some of my spare time on the bot (yes, I still have some... ;-).