Welcome to TechGeneral
I'm Neil Blakey-Milner, a technology generalist based in Cape Town, South Africa. Welcome to TechGeneral, my new (at least at time of writing) technology web log, where I talk about my wide-ranging interests in technology.
Likely common themes are:
- open source (or Free Software, if you prefer),
- the Python programming language,
- technology events I'm interested in and/or attend,
- becoming a better developer,
- finding/hiring developers and other technology workers, and
- motivating and getting the most out of them.
Since April 2003, I've maintained a mixed-bag web log, Cosmic Seriosity Balance. From today, that will be where I'll talk about thing other than technology, such as:
- books, games, movies, and other entertainment,
- events I'm interested in or attend,
- travel inside and outside of Cape Town,
- experiences with people and organisations,
- random opinions on topics such as politics, and
- that blogging about blogging thing.
I've realised that the people who read my technology posts (predominantly outside of South Africa) probably don't care much about the other stuff. The people who read my other stuff (predominantly inside South Africa) probably don't care all that much about the technology stuff either.
I hope this split helps improve the subjective signal to noise ratio for those who follow what I have to say.