31 Mar 2004 mpesenti   » (Master)

I have got a basic version of gtkmozembed working with the GRE. I had to strip out some features because I cannot use mozilla internal api. I think using the SDK is a better approach then having an interface in the middle to work around the problems with the SDK itself. The interface in the middle solution is a bit like claim mozilla failure to provide an usable SDK :) The API problems seem to be solvable to me, I'm more worried about mixing glib and mozilla api for the strings, especially because memory allocation is not compatible. Maybe the minimal embed string api should have a way to do unicode conversions (utf8 <-> utf16). Oh well let's see if there is interest in this approach at least.

Now that I have figured out the GRE thing I'll be back working on multi screen. Mark suggested me a way to test with software only. Rocks !

Xnest -ac -scrns 2 :1

Today I have to meet with my thesis co-relator. Hope everything goes well. Wish me luck :)

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!