Somewhat tired and, later, busy with work, I didn't find time to write about it, but for completing the previous post, I'm doing it now. So, let's go back to January 20th...
Past couple of weeks have been somewhat stressing, as expected: after printing the books, had to bind them, deposit the books in the alumni section and pay the corresponding tuition fee. Later had to remind them that this was a project under a confidentiality arrange and had to inform the review committee about that.
Finishing the slides was another stressing factor. Today I was still changing minor things. Of course I didn't even try to do some presentation test... no time for that. Lose some time setting up nodejs for playing the slides with work's laptop, because mine doesn't have VGA output and my suspects (later confirmed) were University projector was not going to have anything more modern.
Today I choose the wrong room, but later discovered that the room I was assigned was taken by some other group (!) so I've had little choice. Despite arriving earlier I spent most of the time fighting with the projector, which refused to detect my work laptop. After the committee arrival they talked to the other group and we swapped rooms. The projector worked fine in this one, and the presentation could be done. There was more questions than I was expecting, but after finishing and some minutes of waiting the desired result was announced.
Next week I requested the official title in the alumni section, though I could do this by email, but not without paying yet another fee, of course. In this country titles are taking 6 months to be delivered, as they come from the Ministry of Education¹, so no more news are expected until summer.
So, finally, I'm now a Computer Science Engineer ;-)
¹ Why printing a colour A3 sized title takes six months is still a mystery to me. Anyway by the time I got my BSc title (+20 years ago) they were taking years, so this is definitely an improvement.