16 Dec 2001 methodMatthew   » (Journeyer)

Installed linux mandrake v7 on computer today. Looks very promising. I am especially interested in the kde c++ IDE KDevelop. I also set up the JRE(Java Runtime Environment) build v1.2.2_008 distributed at java.sun.com. I proceeded in attempting to run my java database management system(BIM Standard Edition). So far so good. The application appears to be functioning. The application was developed using Windows 98. It works perfectly to the best of my knowledge in that environment. I did not have to change a single line of code before successfully executing the application on linux mandrake. I did take advantage of java's File and URL encapsulating capabilities. I am unsure of stability concerning the macintosh os because of its file encoding schema. Check out my home page url for locating my java application. The application is licensed under the BSD template. Comments are welcome.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!