I knew I'd have to break a few things night before last when I realized the database schema I had going was making message/comment threading more difficult than it needed to be. I didn't necessarily realize how much I was breaking everything, but that's to be expected from the sloppy code of an amateur attempting to learn everything at once... ;)
At any rate, things are nearly patched up again for the queue system to return to functionality. Still have a few things yet to implement, but it should be looking good by the end of the week.
While it's a bummer sometimes to suddenly see how clueless I am (!), you can't beat this kind of hands-on education, one that will lead to something worthwhile and beneficial to many (we hope!) rather than just another expensive piece of paper.
And now, though I didn't quite make it to bed last night/this morning, it's just about time to go to work... Whee!
Thank God for coffee.