Plover: When I was one and twenty
I heard a wise man say,
"Give crowns and pounds and guineas
But not your heart away;
Give pearls away and rubies
But keep your fancy free."
But I was one-and-twenty,
No use to talk to me.
The non-obvious words are:
- crowns KROUPBS (actually, this is fairly straightforward)
- pounds POUPBDZ (why DZ? I suppose DS is harder to chord)
- guineas - Plover doesn't know the word "guinea". I could have typed it out manually, but I approximated it using the name of the country Guinea and making it plural: TKPWEU/TPHAOE/-S. What I think is interesting about this is that TKPWEU alone is "I go".
- pearls PERLS (not much surprise there)
- rubies - this is a tricky one. RAOU/PWEU/-S. And RAOU alone is "rue" like the herb.
- fancy TPAPB/SEU
- away A/WAEU
- keep KAOEP
- free TPRAOE
- use AOUS (or AOUZ)
- talk TAUBG