Woohoo! I'm being productive! :-)
By a fit of productivity -- and some decent patches from various Nice People® :-) -- I've managed to pare the TODO List down to 29 from 34. There are still some easy pickings left, and several new features that could be implemented with a minimum of fuss.
I'd really like to do some "refactoring" on it though. The architecture is very Perl 4 -- though I've added quite a few Perl 5 "isms" in the individual pieces -- and is becoming unmaintainable and seriously sub-optimal. A good first goal would be to make it run under mod_perl and support recursive validation ("spidering"). Once it's there it might be more fruitfull to actually design future direction.
Anyways, the plan going forward is to get rid of the remaining "low-hanging fruit" on the TODO; beef the TODO up with new features; and pare it back down again until it only contains obscure bugs and "Blue Sky" items. That should be enough to keep me occupied for a while. Once that's done, mod_perl and Recursive Validation is high priority (unless XML Schema inserts itself into the queue at that point!).
BTW, my wireless (802.11b) connection was installed today...
...and almost, but not quite, utterly failed to work. :-(