5 Apr 2000 kvance   » (Journeyer)

I've been running a few programs on my windows box to bone up on my test-taking skills for the ACT and SAT, Inside the SAT and Inside the ACT, 1999 edition. I took the ACT last week, but the program I used to take some trial runs never scored the test right. This left me crestfallen the first time, but I got used to it. Since the SAT is this Saturday, I've been running Inside the SAT and it also breaks as it tries to score the test.

"That's funny," I think to myself, "because it worked last year." Eventually, a thought occurs to me. I execute MS-DOS edit and start browsing through the test result data files and make a couple of changes. When executing the program again, a full report of my SAT is generated! What happened? A giant, gaping y2k bug! I kid you not! :) It stored the date as 4/4/00, and for some reason tried to divide by the year, causing a divide by zero error. And here I was thinking that since nothing had gone wrong for 4 months, my machine was y2k compliant :)

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!