5 Oct 2001 jum   » (Master)

The dladdr idea is hopelessly machine dependent and I have decided not pursue the idea further. We thus compile in the name of the shared library and search that in the standard places.

In the mean time the rework of the admin protocol for all the PC style stuff and the new printer interface types progresses well, the server part is done. Heinrich works on the client side, this takes longer as it is much more work.

I have meanwhile started to put in the AFP 3.0 extensions into our afpsrv, although I do not necessarily expect to be finished in time for the initial MacOS X release. The important infrastructure changes are already done, namely the 64 bit file I/O stuff and the new shared arena. Also AFP 3.0 does allow for long UTF8 file names, which we can now do easily as we did extend our desktop database format. I will first implement the 64 bit I/O calls and than the Unix style permissions, leaving the more complicated UTF8 file name stuff for later.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!