A few notes on some older projects:
In the course of writing the lexer and the corresponding tests for r6rs-thrift I realized that r6rs-protobuf just flat out didn't support "//"-style comments. That's embarrassing -- not least of all because it made the library more or less unusable for real work, and thus nobody must have been using it successfully. But I've fixed that and assembled a new release. Get it here.
Antono Vasiljev correctly pointed out that the API method
scss:scss->css in SCSS doesn't seem to work with the same arguments as the function in the same name in Chicken's version of SCSS (which I only just found out about). In fact, it didn't work at all, following a redesign of SCSS's stylesheet data structure several versions and years ago. I've brought it up to date -- made it almost robust -- and after I make a few more fixes I'll put together a release of SCSS as well.
r6rs-protobuf, just for, you know, funsies.
(define test-env (environment '(rnrs)))
(for-each (lambda (expr) (eval expr test-env))
(test-assert (protobuf:message-builder? (eval '(make-my-message-builder) test-env)))
...version 0.1 is out! Check out the project page or go straight to the downloads. The thing's almost feature complete (haven't tackled "services" yet), but I decided to keep the version number low because the test suite is a bit anemic, and, of course, to account for bugs.
That was fun!
In the wake of the glorious Guile 2.0 release, I've been working on a prototype re-implementation of GIMP's Script-Fu plugin system that uses Guile in lieu of their embedded TinyScheme. I actually got reasonably far, but then the onboard video on my beloved ZaReason UltraLap SR straight up died, so I had to sideline that project while I waited for a replacement (in the form of a new ZaReason Terra HD) to arrive.
Although I'd temporarily lost access to my GIMP patches, I did have comfortably obsolete desktop machine available to me to use to satisfy my constant, ravening need to write programs all the time. I decided that doing an R6RS Scheme implementation of Google Protocol Buffers would make a cool, discrete project: I use and enjoy protobufs at my day job, and I had a hunch that their requirements would map nicely onto the features provided by R6RS records and enumerations. It turns out I was right about that, although I've now sunk a bit more time than I was expecting into the project. But I did just manage to get an initial import of some working libraries uploaded to Google Code. Check it out here.
New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.
Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.
If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!