22 Sep 2000 jhylton   » (Master)

I finally found some time to look at the archiver code for Mailman. I made a small fix to it long ago and Barry never let me forget :-).

I fixed the archiver so that it generates useful HTML pages for mail messages that use non-ASCII character sets, either in the message body or in the headers (using encoded-words). It looks like it's working; I see lots of non-Roman characters where I used to see line noise. I also spent a lot of time refactoring the code; it had far too many long methods, including several that were almost line-for-line duplicates of the same method in a superclass.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!