Boy, was today ever a Monday. Spent the morning dealing with various things that had backed up over the weekend, grabbed a bite of lunch, and then sat down to do some coding -- only to find that my Ultra10 thought the Meta key was being held down. When it wasn't. Even when a different keyboard was swapped in. Since I use Sawfish as a window manager, and have various functions bound to various Meta-key combos, this made me somewhat less than totally productive.
So, instead of coding, I spent the afternoon re-reading the first three chapters of Object Oriented Perl. I probably won't ever use half the stuff in that book (I mean, really, when was the last time you blessed a typeglob?), but it is really mind-streching to think about.
Anyway, back to my workstation: I'm using a Sun to PS/2 converter box, so the next step is to scare up an actual Sun keyboard and see if it's the converter box, or the keyboard port.
This is the first piece of Sun hardware that I've used, first-hand, for an extensive period of time. So far, the hard drive had to be replaced, the monitor had to be replaced (because it wouldn't respond correctly to the "go to sleep" signal -- although the new monitor is doing the same thing, so maybe it's the video card), and now the keyboard is acting up. I thought one of the advantages of Sun's expensive kit was that it was less likely to break, but I guess not.
Okay, time to update the weblog, and then we'll see if I can clean up some of the cruft in the home-brew bookmark manager, or if I should just go to bed...