17 Oct 2002 heliocastro   » (Journeyer)

Well.. today some question come to my mind.. It's not now the time to rewrite the world from scratch ? It's a bit stupid maintain a lot of patches ( and generating another ones ) in old software projects. Ok, maybe they still working, sometime as good as they must, but with new technologies, and programming techniques, all those time expended in patching and fixing ( remember that for some time equals money ), we could rewrite and maybe ( i said maybe ) improve them... Let's expand such insanity to real world.. Political systems proved that not working everywhere, but maintained ( with "economic patches" ) to still giving resources for who already have, and all population increase, then if in the past 10% have the resources, now can be 1% or less, and the rest of 99% is suffering all causes that lack of life resources can produce. It's proved that system IS working, but for a few as they must be.. Need be rewrote...

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!