Links August 2012
Google are providing some really good employee benefits including benefits to a life partner of a deceased employee . It’s not known if all those benefits are available outside the US, in any case the US is the first world country with the least social security so they need it most there.
A recent Australian legal case had a father petitioning the court to have his kids take his family name . According to the news report no good reason was given for renaming the kids, merely tradition. The mother won.
GlassDoor.com is a site for reviewing companies . It also has job adverts, it seems that they get people in to read the reviews and then advertise jobs.
Sarah Resnick interviewed Jacob Appelbaum (of Tor fame) about privacy issues and published the article as “Leave Your Cellphone at Home” . It’s very interesting and references some resources such as riseup.net that I have to try using.
Systemd in Fedora 17 has multi-seat support . They support plugging USB terminals in at run-time to dynamically add new consoles for GNOME sessions.
-  http://www.news.com.au/technology/death-benefits-google-workers-get-sweet-perks-for-life-and-death/story-e6frfro0-1226447351009
-  http://www.news.com.au/national/mum-wins-the-right-to-name-kids/story-fncynjr2-1226447058665
-  http://www.glassdoor.com
-  http://nplusonemag.com/leave-your-cellphone-at-home
-  http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/multi-seat.html
-  http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2012/05/please-dont-learn-to-code.html
- Links June 2012 This Youtube video is an amusing satire of EULAs and...
- Links January 2012 Cops in Tennessee routinely steal cash from citizens . They...
- Links August 2008 Michael Janke is writing a series of posts about estimating...