10 Apr 2001 eskil   » (Master)


    So I was apparently even more pissed at the guadec issue than I initially thought, think I'm over it now.

    The campingtrip was good for me. The drive up north 101 is pretty neat, loads of nice scenery which is good and all and becomes boring after the first two or three hours. So in my quest for a change, I picked up a hitchhiker ; it was a big burly guy with an unkept beard, old military clothes, a unfriendly expression, a bottle in a brown paper bag and a chainsaw... He didn't talk much, but actually was just a lumberjack on the way home, but since his car was dead, he had to hitch back and forth between home and work, so no chainsaw massacre.

    So I finally came to the turnoff for highway 1, went down that about 15km and then weered onto Usal Road for another 12km or so. Usal Road is an unmaintained dirttrack, that was sort of fun to drive on that.

    Finally you come to the campground, which sucked, so I just payed my camping fee, went back the road to this really neat place about 100m over the ocean on a hillside leading directly into the unfriendly waters of the pacific pond. At this time the sun was setting, so I hurriedly put up the tent and moved in the sleeping gear and whatever food stuff I needed, cooked crap dinner and went to sleep.

    Next day the weather was bloody good, more or less just sat in the sun all day, reading Cerebus, sipping heineken and getting a good old sunburn on the back. Then spent some hours gathering rocks for a campfire and firewood. Cooked more crap dinner, watched the sun go down, watched the fire go out and went to sleep.

    Started friday morning with removing a tick from my leg (using peanutbutter, a knife and vodka..) thereafter I concluded that the weather sucked severely (rained all day), mostly stayed inside the tent except when I needed to piss or cook water for some coffee, finished cerebus vol 2.

    The night sucked, the tent wasn't as watertight as I hoped, so I had to get up in the middle of the night and put my tarp over the tent so could sleep well, froze my butt off.

    Saturday morning the weather was ok, but I was in too foul a mood because of lack of sleep and whatnot, so I just started packing and drove back to SF, stopping on the way to "rent" a motelroom for an hour so I could grab a shower.

    At this point, the tickbite had begun to look (quoting yakk:) "festy", but there was drinking at the kilowatt to be done, so I ignored my leg for that day.

    The next day it looked even more "festy", and was definitely infected, so I wobbled up the hospital, got to stare at a wall for two hours untill a doctor poked a bit at me, concluded that I probably didn't have any of the five hundred bad diseases that ticks carry (since it wasn't on me for more than 10 hours or so), but put me on antibiotics for the infection, great.

    Now I'm back at work, not that I've done any so far...

    ... og ikke at jeg' i humør til at lave meget pt. Men det kommer vel på et eller andet tidspunkt.

    (summary for the danish impaired : fuck off).



Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!