14 Sep 2011 ensonic   » (Master)


After lots of changes I have switched the code permanently to the new sequence model. It saves about 170 lines of code in the sequence-page source. There is some potential to save more though.

I also did more work on state persistence. A song now contains more information (selected machines, pattern, options) and these things are restored when loading a song.

Another good change was moving the song-unsaved flag from the song (core-library) to the edit application. This make the core library more light-weight. The editor application can now determine whether there is something to save by combining the unsaved-flag and the undo/redo stack. The unsaved-flag is still needed as I feel not everything needs to go to the undo/redo stack (like selecting a machine). Undo/redo looks quite complete now. I found a solution for my last issue, although I am still not entirely happy with it.

I also made a few startup time improvements. Found a weird issue with the interaction-controller library probing joystick devices. One ioctl on joy devices for hdaps devices is hanging for quite a bit.

Finally I did a huge cleanup on or somewhat uncommon header file setup. We always had a header declaring the types and one the methods. This helped with include conflicts. But now we have 50% less files to care and I just needed 2 forward declarations.

Again several bugs were fixed. I will check remaining reported bugs and hope that everything is fine to consider releasing 0.6.

253 files changed, 27205 insertions(+), 26602 deletions(-)

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!