2 Jul 2011 ensonic   » (Master)

buzztard

This month I made great progress. I have been making several small demo songs and found+fixed quite many bugs and glitches along with that.

After a little break I took up undo/redo work and could make good progress. Now also pattern property changes (name and length) are tracked. In the sequence the boilerplate code is there, single edits, track and property changes are handled. In the machine view the initial machine position is tracked in the change-log.

In the middle of the month I did doc updates - api docs had some stuff missing and the user help finality has more beef and short-cut tables for all the keyboard accelerators.

OmniMancer on irc gave me some good first perspective usage experience. I added a blacklist filter to hide gstreamer elements from the menu that are known to be not useful for buzztard (e.g. dtmfsrc). Also some machines used GTypes not yet supported by the UI - this is now fixed. With that came some fixes in
pattern editing (blending parameters wasn't working in all cases). I also added a flip operation to the patterns. Also to make a few things easier for new users I added two items to help menu - file a bug and goto irc. The later fires up the freenode webirc as xdg-open seems to be unable to launch e.g. xchat for irc://
urls.

I have started to write the missing treemodel for the sequence view and used that changed to overhaul a few things. Even without the new model its quite a bit faster as we do less model rebuilds (e.g. when expanding the length). Also the row-shading code is simpler and with that the cell-data functions. Finally
the pattern usage tracking is now using a hashtable instead of rescanning the sequence.

With all those changes comes a bag of bug fixes - I'll skip listing them here - it is all in the change log. Also I did a bit of code cleanups and reorgs. Like using macros for the GType handling to save lines of code. Or bump the gtk+ version (2.10.12) to get rid of fallback code. Finally I rechecked a glib bug regarding mime-matching. It's fixed since a while, but I still saw it, as the .recently-used.xbel file had the wrong mime type from the time when glib had the bug in there. Maybe it would be good to trim that file from time to time. Imho
it should also be in $XDG_CACHE_DIR and not $HOME, but that is a different story.

48 files changed, 2712 insertions(+), 1250 deletions(-)

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!