Wow, I haven't posted a diary entry in over a month. Must say something....
I basically dropped the pitch correction project on the floor in favor of more pressing matters. In the past few weeks, I've fixed about a dozen bugs in HeaderDoc, and am working on some other doc-related code. I've also written a lot more text for my novel.
As if things weren't sufficiently insane, my Airport base station flaked out over the weekend. Wednesday night, Louis Gerbarg and I managed to get the two defective capacitors removed from the board. This afternoon, one of my co-workers in Tech Pubs helped me get the new parts into the board. Since they have to pass through vias, it isn't easy getting the parts into the board, i.e. you pretty much have to heat the via while you shove on the part. Blech.
This weekend, I'm planning on really going at the novel hard. My goal is to write at least 5000 words this weekend. Ahem, yeah, right. We'll see what happens. I'm betting on more like 3000.... Not that I care that much about the word count, but it makes a good metric for the progress through the story. I also recently realized that I brushed through many weeks of story line way too quickly, and so I'm going to go back and fill in a few bits that I skipped. Ah, well, must get back to file system hacking. Cheers.