In the idle time between mid-December, and early January,
whilst waiting for the hiring to be done again, I got bored.
Perfected my image catalog (well, my script to add images
is buggy, it freaks on spaces in filenames, but
since most of my image store got renamed a year ago,
its not too much of a problem).
And then I got really bored, and started working on a
book catalog system. Fully searchable, catagorized book
collection, about 200 books in and still typing (books can
also be defined as wishlist and on
order.). The final addition for it will be
cross-linking book extracts to the entered titles (take
notes from a book, and have it automatically linked when you
search for the title), and ability to cross reference scans
(images) to each book title.
Not much else to do, except wonder what happened to my
Gimp install. One day it decided it was not going to display
anything that involved a font (only showed dotted boxes
instead of characters), upgraded it, same thing. Removed
dot-directories and files, still happening. Was not
happening to any other gtk based application. Bitched at the
machine for a day (i have had huge and random font problems
recently), tried to rerun the Gimp, and it all worked fine.