After the new ports integrated to the CVS tree, I guess I can declare Sarien as a fairly cross-platform project:
- The Amiga port now operates in windowed/full-screen modes (switchable at runtime) with AHI sound, and is buildable with gcc and DICE.
- The MacOS X Cocoa port is working fine, native sound drivers are in the works.
- Sega Dreamcast, with working sound.
- A PocketPC port runs in WinCE-based handhelds. kojima tested the Linux version in his iPAQ and it seems to run fine too.
- QNX: full-screen and windowed modes are available in the Photon driver, sound uses the ALSA driver.
- MS-DOS: both 16 and 32-bit versions available.
- BeOS: uses SDL.
- Win32: native and SDL versions available.
- POSIX: Known to run on Linux (IA32, IA64, PPC, S/390, Alpha), FreeBSD, IRIX, AIX and Solaris. Some problems in OpenBSD have been reported.