Contrary to the rumours you may have heard, I'm not dead. I was only, uhm, resting.
I've just reconstructed the partition table of my hard disk by hand, after gpart's failure on correctly put all my logical partitions inside an extended. The missing one was, of course, a large partition with my LVM volume group. So I've learned an important lesson today: don't try to install OS/2 on a disk with (Linux) LVM. So no Sarien port to OS/2 anytime soon.
Abridged condensed summary of the past few months' events:
- Finally ported Sarien to MacOS classic, using MPW and the BasiliskII emulator. MacOS interface programming is quite interesting, but the memory manager sucks.
- Bought a Canon Powershot S110 digital camera. It's a very nice looking, portable and feature-packed 2.1 megapixel camera, with stainless steel body and excellent picture quality at daylight, mediocre performance with the flash. Perhaps the new S200 with ISO400-equivalent sensibility could address this problem (or perhaps the fact that my EOS is usually loaded with an ISO800 or so is giving me bad habits).
- Considering to buy a small sportbike (the Ninja 250 is my favourite so far).
- Considering to learn how to ride a motorcycle (useful prerequisite for the previous item).
- Some progress with the guitar.
- Should I spend my next vacations in Maldives or Seychelles, or perhaps the Caribbean?
- Winning the war against spam, I hope I'm not losing logitimate emails.
- Fought SANE stdarg portability problems on Alpha.