Nothing much is happening right now. A thread I started on the 4Suite mailing list has spread to a few other Python lists, discussing how to output Unicode in various 8-bit encodings. The issue is that any Unicode character can be encoded (as Ł for example) but that in some character sets it can be represented as an 8-bit character ('\xa3' in ISO-8859-2), and should be when possible.
The big project at work is going well - the right people seem properly impressed, although I need to make a few big changes. Unfortunately (?) I can't transfer the code from development and testing with Apache JServ to IBM Websphere on AS/400 yet due to an apparent bug in the OS/400 JRE.
From there we segue to Mozilla, which I'm using to make sure the project's web pages will look OK on Windows. Recent builds don't work at all for me since the project uses Basic authentication, and so does the firewall proxy. Given the number of people who've noticed, I'm hoping this will get fixed soon. My own contribution to Mozilla is bug id 43260. I'm not really sure it's Mozilla's fault, but I don't see IBM fixing their software. Maybe I'll report a software fault and see.
Personal: I've been looking through the older CD's in my collection and playing a few that I bought when my taste in music was a bit different. Some of them have lasted well and been played many times, like Garbage, but I just pulled out This Is Your Night by Amber, which hasn't been played recently. I still quite like it, actually, though it's not what I buy now.