Puzzles I worked on (MIT Mystery Hunt 2013)
Quick summary of MIT Mystery Hunt 2013 — didn't work on as many puzzles this year, between (a) Not Trying To Win (after writing last year's hunt), and (b) Zachary. Did quite a bit of work on the hunt-solving software; discovered that the current limits to Meteor's scalability are "less than team Codex".
Puzzles I particularly liked:
- Time Conundrum (except for final extraction)
- Too Many Seacrests
- Tuva or Bust (for which I successfully used Prolog in anger)
Other puzzles i worked on:
- Square Routes
- The Maze (helped guide final extraction)
- Czar Cycle (which we never solved)
- Road Trip (final extraction, with alexp)
- Space Monkey Mafia (final extraction, with alexp)
- Diagramless Crossmusic (knew how it worked, but meh)
There were a lot of very interesting puzzle ideas in this hunt. Several of them would have made excellent puzzles, given a bit more focused editing. In particular I want to single out 50/50 and Diagramless Crossmusic as great ideas.
Thanks to the Sages for all their work over the past year. The Mystery Hunt is a ton of work to write, and it's all done for the love of the thing.