ASoC updates in 2.6.39
Linux 2.6.39 was released earlier today. This release includes a few updates, the main user visible one being that machine drivers can now be registered as regular devices rather than using the soc-audio device.
- Support for registering machine drivers as first class devices rather than using the soc-audio device. Support for the soc-audio device will be removed at some point in the future.
- Support for ordering widget power changes within widget types, helping with large CODECs and multi-stage amplifiers.
- Support for waiting for multiple slow events to complete during DAPM sequences, making it easier to handle things like DC offset correction on multiple outputs.
- CPU support for Intel Medfield and nVidia Tegra2.
- CODEC support for Cirrus CS4271, Freescale SGTL5000, Maxim MAX8950, National Semiconductors LM4857, TI SN95031 and Wolfson WM8991
- Machine support for Intel Medfield MID reference platforms, nVidia Harmony, and Visstrim M10.