20 Mar 2012 berend   » (Journeyer)

Replaced my RTA1320E with a Draytek Vigor 120. The RTA1320 are nice modems because you can put them in half-bridge mode, but they just keep locking up for me. And I got a bit sick of replacing them every 6 months or. They used to be really reliable for me, but somehow are no longer. Perhaps it's a bit warmer in our home now we've installed an HRV system?

The modem is setup with protocol PPPoA with PPPoE Pass-through checked. I can now configure my ppp on FreeBSD with this:


vodafone:
set device PPPoE:fxp0
set server 30001 mypassword
set authname isp_login
set authkey isp_password
set dial
set login
add default HISADDR
disable ipv6cp
disable mppe
enable lqr echo
accept lqr
deny mppe
set log +lqm


and use -ddial mode to have it connected. Still need to test if lqr works fine, so link is brought up after some failure.

I've made a change to my firewall script as well: now using built-in nat with ipfw, so goodby nat daemon. Was actually trivial to do, should have done that earlier.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!