note time stamp is NOT available? automated software UI is NOT reliable and compatible if their target is human individuals, not other software bots!
Senior Analyst, Data Insights And Reporting Job
Location: New York, NY, USA
Job Requisition Number:46560
Bloomberg currently has a job opportunity for a Senior Analyst within the Global Accounting Operations department located in New York, NY. This position is primarily responsible for supporting Global Accounting Operations and the various businesses through reporting, dynamic analyses and driving improved data insights. In addition, this position identifies opportunities for systematic reporting and will partner with the SAP Solutions Center for the technical expertise required. We are seeking an enthusiastic self-starter who is motivated to deliver and drive useful reporting with analytical insights as well as successfully partners across the organization, with the proven ability to work well independently and on a team.
Key responsibilities for this position fall into three main categories: Reporting & Financial Analysis, Process & Systems, and Business Partnering.
Reporting & Financial Analysis: Provide practical counsel to business partners, internal customers and management in order to drive business results through the insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools and concepts.
- Extract and manipulate complicated system data with standard data validation techniques
- Provide guidance to business partners around reporting requirements
- Create dashboards to provide consistency of data usage and transparency of business results
- Incorporate analytical insights to assist managers and decision makers
- Incorporate due diligence activities to ensure accuracy and completeness of results
Process & Systems: Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure and communicate useful information, and to proactively assist with business decision making across the organization.
- Automate ad hoc and recurring reporting
- Evaluate, refine and implement procedural and operational control within your daily activities
- Effectively support decisions on more complex issues, giving consideration to relevant costs, benefits and risks
- Leverage the SAP Solutions Center for technical expertise on system data and automation
Business Partnering: Proactively assisting with change and influencing others across the organization in support of department goals and objectives through the delivery of reporting and analysis.
- Bachelor's degree with a preferred concentration in Finance, Accounting and/or Computer Information Sciences
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years of relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of key accounting support functions, particularly Procure-to-Pay. Additionally knowledge of Order-to-Cash and Fixed Assets is a plus
- Financial reporting experience
- Knowledge of procedural and system controls and data validation techniques
- Ability to determine technical requirements for a project
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Works well under pressure and is able to course correct when faced with unexpected challenges
- Ability to multi-task and perform well within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- An independent worker, self-starter and solid team player with a strong work ethic and positive, can-do attitude
- Strong presence and communication skills, with ability to interact well with Senior Management
- SAP/Business Warehouse knowledge a plus
- Data modeling expertise a plus
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and financial internal controls a plus
- Knowledge of SQL server (version 2008 or higher) a plus
- Experience working on a Master Data initiative is a plus
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation-which is where you come in.
At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients-and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Job Segment: Database, ERP, Data Analyst, SAP, SQL, Technology, Data