I have spent a lot of time with KDE lately...
I have been going through some of the tutorials and developer materials on the kde development website. Theres a lot of great material there. Some of it is getting a bit dated, but enough is there for anyone who wants to learn.
I want to start contributing to the KDE project. I don't know whether to start going through the bugs and wishlist items looking for something or maybe tackle one of my own wishlist items. Like:
1. add multiple directory support to KSlideShow screensaver
2. Add color based rules to KMail, unless thats already in the latest. I haven't checked.
3. Add a binary clock option
4. Add a quotes screensaver, maybe just wrapping the fortune program
5. Add a q&a type flashcard screensaver, maybe as part of the flashcard app in KDEEducation...
6. several more, I forget them all right now
I just posted some thoughts on kde-devel about the pros/cons of having a stats application like Gentoo. I am eager to hear what people think. Speaking of Gentoo...
Well... I finally dumped RedHat. I was not pleased w/ 8.0 but hadn't tried any other distribution. So I decided to try Gentoo. IMHO, Gentoo ROCKS! I am very impressed. I was a little intimidated at first, not having a graphical installer of some sort, but now I realize that I just needed my comfort level pushed. Setting it up was much easier than I thought it would be.