8 Dec 2003 anholt   » (Master)

xserver:
Continued work on render acceleration. It turns out I don't have quite enough information to complete acceleration for Radeon. I need more info on the CP, or need to make the accel code significantly more complicated and probably slower. So, I tried to see what I could do with SiS 300-series hardware. The initial attempt was a 100% 3d driver that would use the 3d hardware to implement both render acceleration and the standard solid fill and copies. Well, I wasn't getting anything rendered at all, and I realized one of the common ops (copies within a single pixmap) probably wasn't doable in 3d, so I tried the 2d hardware. That worked for copies and solid fill (for the most part, there's something wrong with synchronization I think), so I committed it. Now I need to go back to the 3d code and find what's wrong. Hopefully in the meantime keithp will fix up whatever he decided was wrong in kaa's Composite that prevented pixmaps from migrating to onscreen, and thus being possible to accelerate.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!