sad, your kitten will entertain you for months with the following behaviour:
- Attacking the back of your hands and ankles (this one's a pain, suggest water pistol)
- Kitty litter is optional to kittens for the first few weeks (a pain; suggest being home with kitty until they are reliable)
- Early morning (4am - 6 am) wake up pounces (this one's a pain, suggest a door)
- Outside/Inside/Different (this one's a pain, suggest ignoring them when they're outside)
- Chase the phantom butterfly (this one's cute until the first thing is broken)
- Paw on the nose whilst you sleep (this one's cute)
- Chew through dangerous things (the clothes iron, suggest water pistol)
- Look at you with the most innocent expression, climb half way up your leg (or #include other much loved item, such as the leather couch) and use you as a claw sharpner (suggest water pistol)
Of course, if you're like me (a complete cat slave), the above is cute and lovely behaviour and part of the rich tapestry of being your cat's food slave.
If you go the water pistol route, make sure your cat does not see you do it, otherwise they wise up and do it when you're not in the room.
If your kitten is really young, now is the time to hold and cuddle it (lots), let it sleep with you, get it used to being on your lap for fur stroking sessions, about once a week wash it in the bath, brush its fur with a good brush, and get it to meet a lot of people. If they get lots of human attention early on, it'll be really nice to people for the rest of its life. If you don't, you'll get psycho.cat who will attack ankles and hide when visitors come. And you'll lose all the skin on your arms when you *need* to give it a wash to rid of it whatever nasty substance is in its fur. I don't even try to mix Meebles and water - I'm not that stupid.