Last night I was able to reclaim dmcasucks.org
We are far past the times when the site was used to inform people that a DMCA existed.
We are far past the times when the site was used to inform people about the potential dangers to the DMCA.
We are past the times when the site was used to invoke people into irl protest action against the DMCA and censorship (unfortunately).
The new focus must be:
Impact of the DMCA on others - even though there is plenty of information about it out there
- Collaboration of individuals to speak up against the DMCA via video to be used in the Documentary Project to create a DMCA documentary
- Written/summary of personal DMCA stories from individuals impacted
- Interviews via webcam with individuals adversely affected by the DMCA
So many DMCA Notifications are looked over for the basic requirements and then that information is used to take down a website or blog. Other items need to be taken into consideration. One particular case in point is where a false DMCA notification is sent against someone. In one case a false notification was sent with the sender being the same person as the receiver. Yes! This was not caught. The blog was taken down and the content not recovered. When content is not recovered, Limitations on Liability are revoked.
- Training center for DMCA Agents
- Free Copyright training (Moodle)
- Training about the DMCA
All training will be delivered electronically
- Any DMCA related protests that might come about
I will blog about current and relevant DMCA related "situations". RMS said to me over 10 years ago, just keep writing...
Links - Similar relevant links: EFF, DRM info, Chilling, FSF - GFDL, Public domain sites
No ADS! :)