22 Jun 2000 aaronl   » (Master)

I've been forgetting to post for a few days in a row now. I'll post all of these diary entries in one.

22 Jun 2000
I tried fixing a bad drawing bug. I tried very hard. I wasn't able to. So I went and worked on my .emacs file. The new version doesn't read the "desktop" file if it is only being reloaded, and the customizations for scheme and comint are bettter. It's available at the usual place, but now also on FTP. The idea is that I could take advantage of EFS so that at school or at a foreign computer I can type M-x load-file RET /anonymous@vitelus.com:/pub/dot.emacs RET. This works beautifuly and will drastically change the emacs behavior :).

21 Jun 2000
I stayed up late working on a job ( :( ). Once I was done with that work I was really lazy and played a lot of XEvil and listened to MP3's. Not much to report. Except that I fixed a few bugs in AbiWord like #919 (on UNIX) during the day.

20 Jun 2000
Went on a really cool run that made me feel totally out of shape. The main work that I accomplished this day was that I did a major hack to fix a bug in AbiWord where toggling Bold on/off or changing the font while nothing was selected would cause the file to be marked "dirty", but no acutal changes would appear in the file because no text was there to assume those new properties. I fixed this by doing some rather unorthodox fiddling with the save version counter, and implementing a flag to know when to keep it in sync.

19 Jun 2000
I finally fixed that Postscript printing bug. It wasn't easy. It took 2 days and a night. Basically most accented characters were unbound and therefore not included in the widths array. I hacked the code to make a unicode-indexed width array and use that. Gnome-print's sources were helpful with figuring this out, and since I had to make a large mapping table that a comment in the gnome-print source said was a TODO, I sent it off to their mailing list. I certainly hope my work prevents someone else from spending 45 minutes hacking together such a table.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!