4 Aug 2000 Talin   » (Journeyer)

Got the flood fill working, I stole the algorithm from some other code I had lying around. Only took about an hour to get it working. One aspect that was a little tricky is that QPixmap doesn't have a "getPixel" method, I had to convert it into a QImage to actually test the pixel values. However, when actually drawing the pixels, I can draw onto the target pixel map directly rather than having to convert the image back to a pixel map. (Actually, I optimized it so that it draws in horizontal strips rather than one pixel at a time.)

I also made it so that you can render the flood filled pixels onto a stencil bitmap. This would allow you to "floodfill" various pixel effects, such as brighten, darken, etc.

I also added a bunch more tool buttons to the tool bar - magnify, clip brush, pen size, etc. About the only thing left to do on the paint pad is the transfer modes. Once I get that done, I can work on the rest of the application.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!