External Comments, updated
The simple external-comments code is now complete enough for me to stop poking it on a daily basis:
- Although the comments are styled minimally you can override that with CSS.
- Although the default "Add your reply" form is ugly you can replace it with your own.
- The reply-form may go above or below the comments.
- If you add an email field then your comments will include a gravitar link.
- Comments are assumed to be in markdown now.
- The commments may be retrieved in newest-first, or oldest-first order.
- There's now a simple anti-spam plugin system present.
In an ideal world the client-side code should be a jQuery plugin, but I've not worked out how to make a static method (the JSONP callback) be a member of a jQuery plugin-object. So without that I have to re-pass the options around too many places, rather than making them a member of "this".
Meh, pull requests welcome for adding new storage back-ends (redis and sqlite are supported by default), and similarly for cleanups.