This weekend I will be mostly upgrading to wheezy
Having migrated my websites away from my ssh/mail box I'm going to upgrade that this weekend.
I've got my new mail client, lumail, working well enough to use exclusively, so the upgrade should be nice and simple.
I spent a few hours last night removing packages from my ssh/mail box to trim it down. Removing a bunch of Perl modules I used in my CGI coding, removing services such as nfs-common, portmapper, etc.
Today I'll have a stab at the upgrade. The only thing I have to be careful of is my backported/tweaked qpsmptd packages. I'll try the native wheezy version now it has caught up.
(I don't use any of the standard qpsmtpd plugins at all. Instead I have a separate tree of my own custom anti-spam and virtual-hosting aware plugins. They all work in a unified fashion. Using these plugins against a new version of qpsmtpd should be just fine. But obviously I need to test that.)
Work on Lumail is probably going to slow down now it is genuinely in use, but I'll keep an eye out for feature requests and missing primitives. Annoyingly I wasted 30 minutes just now implementing a plugin I'd already written: lumail issue #51.
I also need to step-back this weekend and reassess my hosting. When I was tweaking my slaughter setup I recently realized I have more hosts than I thought:
- Cluster running for Debian-Administration.org:
- 4 x web nodes
- 2 x database nodes
- 2 x "planet" nodes
- 1 x "misc" node.
- Personal stuff
- 1 x ssh/mail host. (ssh.steve.org.uk/mail.steve.org.uk)
- 1 x web host. (www.steve.org.uk, www.lumail.org, etc, etc.)
- 1 x blogspam.net server (www.blogspam.net)
- 1 x builder node - Runs buildd for producing my packages.
Total: 13 virtual machines. (+ one kvm-host)