Uhm, what did I do today? Not so much. Finished off that GNOME programming article and started touting it around. Then worked a little bit on the cookery thing.
Of course, that turned into another sidetrack; I wanted a columned list for the main recipe list, and it turned out that Gtk::CList was a little clunky. You have to store the data yourself, for instance, since it's tricky to get it back out of the object; it's more or less a display-only thing. So, I wrote a little module I called Gtk::HandyCList which holds the table as part of its private data. I then added some bits so that when you click on column names, you get the data sorted. And then reverse sorted if you click on it again. And then came a method for specifying the size of the columns as a percentage, and it just carried on from there. Released it to CPAN about lunchtime.
Another "is this a bug" day with Unicode stuff. People didn't seem to understand what use bytes does, which is understandable; I provided a bit more documentation. There was also a problem that print leaked UTF8; now I've "fixed" it so that if we're not in bytes, UTF8 is downgraded. I say "fixed" because now saying use bytes will make Perl print out the data in UTF8, and saying use utf8 will make it print it out as bytes. That's, uh, confusing.