21 Feb 2001 Mystic   » (Journeyer)

Lately I have been trying to play around with MP3 streaming. Since my Univ has a hast LAN, I decided to write a search engine for MP3 search over Univ. LAN.

The whole process consists of two parts. First I use MP3 Voyeur to search the LAN for MP3 files. Then I wrote a perl script to put the generated MVL file into a MySQL database. Then I wrote a searchable front end to the database. Everything seems to work. The only problem is that MP3 Voyeur seems to be slow. It has been running for some 7 hours now. It has found around 32,600 MP3 files so far.

Next I will try to make dynamic MP3 playlists for myself. Ahhhhh once MP3 Voyeur finishes the search :(

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!